Date: July 15, 2020
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Port of Spain has been informed by the airline that the JetBlue Airlines flight scheduled from Port of Spain to New York on Friday July 17 is fully booked. Please direct any questions regarding the flight including confirmation of your ticket and any related questions directly to JetBlue at www.jetblue.com. Please note the U.S. Embassy cannot book tickets on behalf of a passenger. If you need emergency services such as an emergency passport, please email ACSPOS@state.gov to request an emergency appointment. U.S. citizens not traveling on this flight are advised to prepare to remain in Trinidad and Tobago until future chartered flights or regular commercial flights are once again available.
The embassy will continue to post updated information through this travel alert system and on embassy social media accounts as soon as we have any updates or if information about future flights becomes available. The U.S. Embassy does not know when regularly scheduled commercial flights to the United States will resume. We will also continue to collect details of U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents (green card holders) who are interested in returning to the U.S. via the online Assistance Request form (copy hyperlink and open in Chrome browser).
For daily updates on the situation in Trinidad and Tobago and our emergency services efforts please refer to the Embassy webpage on COVID-19.
If you need emergency assistance please contact us by email at ACSPOS@state.gov or by telephone at 868-622-6371. Please do not come to the embassy without contacting us in advance.
The U.S. Embassy Port of Spain asks all U.S. citizens in Trinidad and Tobago to complete the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at https://step.state.gov/step/. STEP is a free service to help the U.S. Embassy contact American citizens in an emergency.
U.S. citizens experiencing symptoms, or who have reason to believe they have been exposed to COVID-19 are advised for their own health to stay at home, please follow the guidance provided by the Trinidad and Tobago Ministry of Health and contact them at +1 (868) 627-1047; 1 (868) 623-8492; +1 (868) 627-0010; +1 (868) 627-0012; +1 (868) 627-0014, and follow their instructions. Government officials in Trinidad and Tobago have taken significant steps to mitigate risk and ensure the health care system will be available to those who require life saving measures. For more information on the GOTT response please visit releases from Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago’s Ministry of Health.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Trinidad and Tobago
- For the most up to date information from the U.S. Embassy Port of Spain in real time, please also check the embassy’s Facebook Page, Instagram (@USinTT), and Twitter feed (@USinTT) and the embassy’s website.
- Monitor local media outlets.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
U.S. Embassy Port of Spain
15 Queen’s Park West
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Telephone + (868) 622-6371
Emergency + (868) 622-6371, then press 1.
Fax + (868) 822-5955