Eligibility Requirements for U.S. Citizen Adult Passport Renewals by Mail
In order to renew your U.S. passport using the mail-in system, you must answer YES to all of the following:
- I can submit my most recent U.S. passport book by mail with my renewal application.
- I was at least 16 years old when my most recent U.S. passport book was issued.
- I was issued my most recent U.S. passport book less than 15 years ago.
- My most recent U.S. passport book has a validity of 10 years from issuance to expiration.
- The U.S. passport book that I am renewing has not been mutilated, damaged, lost or stolen.
- My most recent U.S. passport book was issued in my current name (or I can document my name change by submitting marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order with my passport application.)
- I currently reside in and/or have a valid mailing address in Trinidad and Tobago.
If you do not meet these criteria, please see instructions on making an appointment to submit a passport application in person at the Embassy.
Instructions for U.S. Passport Renewal by Mail in Trinidad and Tobago:
Step 1: Application Form (PDF version ) SIGNED and completed. Please type or print clearly in black ink
* NOTE: You must provide a Social Security number, if you have been issued one. If you do not have a Social Security number, please click here.
Step 2: One 2″ x 2″ (5 x 5 cm) color passport photo on a WHITE background taken within the past 6 months; no eyeglasses. See .more information on photo requirements.
Step 3: Current passport – include in the package you mail to the Embassy.
Step 4: <if applicable> Name change documents (original and 1 photocopy)
If you would like to change the name on your new passport due to marriage, divorce or court order, please include proof of your name change. Documents must be original (ex: Marriage Certificate Divorce Decree, Court Order) You must provide us with the original documents and their photocopies (single-sided). Original documents will be returned to you after reviewing your application.
Step 5: TT$ certified check payment (issued by a bank in Trinidad and Tobago). Personal checks or cash are not accepted and will be rejected. All certified checks must be issued in local currency.
Payable to “US Disbursing Officer”
Passport book renewal fee: $753.50 TTD (local currency only)
Passport book and card-renewal fee $959.00 TTD (local currency only)
Note: If you do not have an account in Trinidad and Tobago a friend or relative with an account can purchase the TT certified check on your behalf.
Step 6: Obtain TWO TTPOST Trackpaks, self-addressed.
One Foolscap- For mailing passport application packet to the Embassy
One A5- For return mail* of new passport book
One A5 – For return mail* of passport card (if applicable)
*Please complete the Return Address section on the return envelope using your address and contact number in Trinidad and Tobago. Please retain the first label as your tracking reference.
Step 7: Mail all the items listed above to the U.S. Embassy in Port of Spain
From a TTPOST location in Trinidad and Tobago, please mail to:
Embassy of the United States of America
c/o Consular Section- American Citizen Services
2 Marli Street, Newtown 190203
Your new passport will be returned to you via TTPOST courier in approximately 10-15 business days.