Date: July 22, 2020
Event: The National Hurricane Center (NHC) has issued an advisory for Tropical Storm Gonzalo. Gonzalo is expected to move near or over the southern Windward Islands this weekend and could bring direct impacts from winds and heavy rainfall.
Actions to Take:
· Monitor National Hurricane Center and local news for updates on weather developments in the area.
· Review the TT Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management’s (ODPM) Disaster Preparedness Checklist for guidelines.
· Check the Trinidad and Tobago Meteorological Service for updates at www.metoffice.gov.tt
· Keep a “Go Bag” or emergency kit ready. For information on how to stock your “Go Bag”, visit: https://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit
Web links to help you monitor the latest weather conditions:
. The National Hurricane Center – monitors tropical storms and current hurricane conditions in the Caribbean.
· The Department of State’s Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones page
· Weather Channel – Contains worldwide weather forecasts and information (English and Spanish)
For more information about how to prepare for hurricanes visit https://www.ready.gov/hurricane-toolkit
State Department – Consular Affairs (888)407-4747 or (202)501-4444
Enroll in theto receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
Follow us onand for updates.