PORT OF SPAIN July 12, 2019: Ambassador Joseph N. Mondello extended congratulations to the U.S. Embassy’s 2019 Fulbright Scholarship Awardees on their accomplishments and encouraged them to enjoy their study abroad experience, during a pre-departure orientation session held at the U.S. Embassy on Thursday, July 11. The awardees will embark in August upon graduate level programs in their fields at various Universities in the United States.
Since its inception in 1946, the Fulbright Program has provided more than 390,000 students worldwide with the opportunity to exchange ideas and contribute to finding solutions to shared international concerns. Over 500 Trinidad and Tobago nationals have participated in the program since its inception.
Led by the United States government, in partnership with 49 binational commissions and 160 countries worldwide, the distinguished Fulbright Program offers international educational and cultural exchange programs for passionate and accomplished students, scholars, artists, teachers, and professionals of all backgrounds to study, teach, or pursue important research and professional projects.
The 2019 T&T Fulbright Scholarship Recipients are:
- Amaara White: Master’s, Art and Design, College for Creative Studies;
- David Springer Master’s, Social Work, Andrews University;
- Dike Samai: Master’s, Film Composition, TV & Video Games, New York University
- Ibrahim Abdullah: Natural Resources, Environmental Policy and Climate Change, Cornell University (Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Award)
- Kerri-Ann Chandler: Master’s, Music, New York University
- Shivani Ramoutar: PhD, Learning, Design and Technology, Purdue University
For more information about the Fulbright Program, visit https://eca.state.gov/