April 13, 2020
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Event: Flight departure from Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago to Toronto, Canada on Tuesday, April 14, 2020.
The U.S. Embassy Port of Spain has confirmed availability of seats on a West Jet flight from Port of Spain to Toronto, Canada on Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 3:30 p.m., arranged by the High Commission of Canada to Trinidad and Tobago. To book a ticket on this flight U.S. citizens are advised to contact the airline directly at: https://bit.ly/2xg9Eco. West Jet phone number in Trinidad and Tobago: 001 866 208-6924.
Please note the following requirements and conditions which travelers must meet in order to travel to Canada:
1) Travelers must be able to demonstrate proof of their onward travel to an international destination by showing proof of their onward ticket from YYZ (Toronto Airport) at time of check-in at Port of Spain Piarco Airport for West Jet flight;
2) Travelers must be able to demonstrate the appropriate travel documentation for temporary entry to Canada (i.e. valid passport, visa or ETA, if required);
3) Upon arrival in Canada, if overnighting, travelers must immediately go to the nearest available hotel** to self-isolate until their onward flight is scheduled to depart; Please be prepared to provide proof of hotel reservation;
**Note that Canada Border Service Agency may provide alternate direction to you upon arrival.
4) Travelers must not present any COVID-19 symptoms.
Note that entry to Canada is subject to Port of Entry agents evaluation and the fluidity of the current environment.
For questions send an email to: email@example.com
If you need emergency assistance in Trinidad and Tobago please contact the embassy by email at ACSPOS@state.gov or by telephone at 868-622-6371. Please do not come to the embassy without contacting us in advance.
The U.S. Embassy Port of Spain asks all U.S. citizens in Trinidad and Tobago to complete the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at https://step.state.gov/step/. STEP is a free service to help the U.S. Embassy contact American citizens in an emergency. When registering for STEP, please check your travel dates under account settings. The system will not send updates beyond your departure date. In order to keep receiving notifications, change the departure date to a future date.
For the most up to date information from the U.S. Embassy Port of Spain in real time, please also check the embassy’s Facebook Page, Instagram (@USinTT), and Twitter feed (@USinTT) and the embassy’s website.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Monitor local media outlets.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
U.S. Embassy Port of Spain
15 Queen’s Park West
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Telephone + (868) 622-6371
Emergency + (868) 622-6371, then press 1.
Fax + (868) 822-5955