October 27, 2021
U.S. Embassy Port of Spain
Effective November 8, all air travelers with direct travel to the United States must attest to their COVID-19 vaccination status and undergo testing.
Fully vaccinated U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents (LPR) age 18 or older must continue to provide a negative COVID-19 test within three calendar days of traveling or documentation of recovery in the previous 90 days. Please see Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance on what constitutes full vaccination here.
Children traveling with their parents will follow the same testing requirements as their parents.
Unvaccinated U.S. citizens or LPRs aged two years or older will need to provide a negative COVID-19 test taken within one calendar day of traveling or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the previous 90 days. U.S. citizen or LPRs younger than two years of age will need to provide a negative COVID-19 test taken within three calendar days of departure or documentation of recovery in the previous 90 days.
The CDC requires either a PCR test or an antigen test. Antibody tests are not accepted. See here for important details.
Actions to Take:
- All U.S. citizens should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Monitor daily COVID-19 updates available from Trinidad and Tobago’s Ministry of Health and the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Information.
- Refer to the Embassy’s Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens.
- Visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Port of Spain
15 Queen’s Park West
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Telephone + (868) 622-6371
Emergency + (868) 622-6371, then press 1.
Fax + (868) 822-5955