Location: United States
Subject: End of Authorization to Travel with Expired U.S. Passport
After June 30, U.S. citizens will no longer be allowed to use their expired U.S. passport for direct return to the United States.
Because the U.S. State Department can now accommodate routine and emergency passport issuance without excessive wait times, the temporary authorization to travel with some expired U.S. passports will not be extended.
If your passport has expired, please contact your nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate to apply for a U.S. passport.
- U.S. Embassy in Port of Spain
- U.S. State Department – Consular Affairs
- Trinidad Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Port of Spain on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter