Greetings from the U.S. Embassy in Port of Spain
The American Citizens Services Unit and the Regional Security Office will host a Town Hall for U.S. citizens on 29th January 2016. Issues to be addressed will include safety and security in Trinidad and Tobago and overseas voting in U.S. elections.
Date: Friday 29th January 2016, at 10:30 am
Venue: Scarborough Public Library, Tobago
Topics that will be discussed:
- Briefing on increased security awareness and guidelines.
- Voter registration – Who is eligible to vote?
- STEP registrations as it pertains to a crisis or natural disaster.
- Q & A session.
We look forward to seeing you there!
The American Citizens Services Unit recommends that you to register for the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program at https://step.state.gov/step/.
Once registered, as a U.S. citizen residing outside of the United States, you can:
- Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
- Help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
- Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency