Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Trinidad and Tobago
March 27, 2020
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Trinidad and Tobago requests U.S. citizens interested in being contacted if additional flights or repatriation flights to the United States are scheduled to please fill out the Assistance Request form (copy hyperlink and open in Chrome browser).
For more information please see our Travel and Repatriation Assistance Request Online Form and Email address release.
U.S. citizens are further advised that foreign nationals who were unable to leave Trinidad and Tobago before the border closure on March 22, 2020 whose certificates expired during period of March 1 – 22 and those whose certificates will expire by April 30 will be granted an extension to June 22, 2020. Holders of student permits will be granted a three-month extension of stay in the first instance, if the permit expires before April 30, 2020. U.S. citizens are advised to email the Immigration Division at email@example.com urgently regarding their immigration status.
The U.S. Embassy Port of Spain also asks all U.S. citizens in Trinidad and Tobago to complete the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at https://step.state.gov/step/. STEP is a free service to help the U.S. Embassy contact American citizens in an emergency.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Trinidad and Tobago
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting
- COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Releases from Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago’s Ministry of Health
U.S. Embassy Port of Spain
15 Queen’s Park West
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Telephone + (868) 622-6371
Emergency + (868) 622-6371, then press 1.
Fax + (868) 822-5955