Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Port of Spain
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Event: On Sunday, March 22, Trinidad and Tobago will close international borders to all travelers, including Trinidad and Tobago nationals, and suspend all commercial flights into the country.
On March 21, the Government of Trinidad and Tobago announced it will close international borders to all travelers, including Trinidad and Tobago nationals, as of midnight on Sunday, March 22. The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens who live in the United States to arrange for immediate return to the United States while flights remain available.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of U.S. personnel and family members who have determined they are at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
The Trinidad and Tobago Ministry of Health requests recent travelers who experience a fever, cough, or respiratory distress contact the Ministry of Health at 877-WELL (9355). Visit the website of the Ministry of Health for additional information.
Actions to take:
- Be prepared for new travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Check with your airline operator regarding updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the Department of State COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
- Visit our U.S. Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information about conditions in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Releases from Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago’s Ministry of Health.
- U.S. Embassy Port of Spain
15 Queen’s Park West
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Telephone + (868) 622-6371