May 07, 2021: The U.S. Department of State has no greater responsibility than the safety and security of U.S. citizens overseas. The Department continues to proactively communicate travel advice and warnings to U.S. citizens amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
As part of our efforts to give U.S. citizens timely information so that they can make informed choices about travel abroad, the Department advises that the United States government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. U.S. citizens traveling or residing overseas should follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
U.S. Embassy Port of Spain is monitoring the current situation in Trinidad and Tobago. While regular commercial air service to the United States remains suspended, flights are available. You can contact Caribbean Airlines regarding upcoming flights. Persons seeking to depart Trinidad and Tobago will also need to apply for exit exemptions via the Ministry of National Security. All airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel.
U.S. Embassy Port of Spain continues to track current flight demand among U.S. citizens in Trinidad and Tobago. If you are a U.S. citizen planning to fly to the United States in the next two months (15 May through 15 July) and don’t yet have a confirmed flight reservation, please let us know by following the below steps:
1. Create a new email to this recipient: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Type “YES” in the subject line and include in the body of the email the number of travelers in your party, including yourself (if you are traveling). No other information is required
3. Hit send
Deadline for email submission is Thursday, May 13. Thank you in advance for your assistance in helping us track flight demand.
Please do *not* contact the U.S. Embassy to make a flight reservation.
U.S. citizens abroad should register for the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP.state.gov) so they can receive important messages from their nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate, including timely Alerts and updates to Travel Advisories.
Actions to Take:
· Monitor daily COVID-19 updates available from Trinidad and Tobago’s Ministry of Health and the U.S.
Embassy’s COVID-19 Information.
· Monitor the CDC website for latest COVID-19 guidance.
· Check with your air carriers or travel representative prior to departure for the United States.
· Visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Port of Spain
15 Queen’s Park West
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Telephone + (868) 622-6371
Emergency + (868) 622-6371, then press 1.
Fax + (868) 822-5955