Doing Business with the U.S. from Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago and the United States enjoy a strong economic relationship, and a key component of this is Trinidad and Tobago corporate and individual investment in the United States. In 2011, total stock of Trinidad and Tobago Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the United States was US$5.95 billion. Top sectors for Trinidad and Tobago’s U.S. investments include manufacturing as well as the wholesale trade industry. Keeping that relationship active, relevant and growing requires initiative and up-to-date information.
The “SelectUSA” program aims to make it easier for Trinidad and Tobago citizens to invest in the United States. The program works with more than 20 federal agencies and bureaus to increase coordination and provide guidance and information to respond to specific and broad-reaching issues that affect business investment decisions. Through its ombudsman services, SelectUSA collaborates with IIWG agency partners to help address investor questions and concerns relating to a wide range of federal regulatory issues. SelectUSA helps companies of all sizes find the information they need to make decisions; connect to the right people at the local level; and navigate the federal regulatory system.
U.S. Trade Mission to T&T
The following five Puerto Rican companies will be in Trinidad and Tobago meeting with prospective distributors/representatives/wholesalers. If you are interested in meeting one of these companies, please complete the attached form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visual Knowledge Caribe
|www.visualk.com – Provider of asset management and maintenance software that can increase asset reliability through predictive maintenance and ensure operational compliance and safety.|
|www.espadahtc.com – Provider of executive protection services, maritime security, cyber security, and threat assessment.|
|http://rovirabiscuits.com/ – Manufacturer of Soda crackers and sweet biscuits.|
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Destileria-Coqui-Inc/410283605691758?nr – Craft Distillery supplying various types of high quality artisan Rums including Private Label & Bulk Rum Brands: Pitorro®, Ron Coquí™, Carjaker™
Green World Building Solutions
|Provider of Ammonia & Co2 refrigeration services for beverage, cool storage and food processing companies using Vilter Parts and Hansen Technologies.|
Useful Resources for U.S. Business Opportunities
What can the U.S. Commercial Service do for You
- Locate U.S. products, services, or business partners that meet your needs.
- Identify the best U.S. companies in your area of interest.
- Help you meet one-on-one with U.S. companies in person or via video conference.
- The U.S. Commercial Services’ International Buyer Program (IBP) is a joint U.S. Government –industry effort to bring international buyers to the United States for business-to-business matchmaking with U.S. firms exhibiting at major industry trade shows. As a member of an official U.S. Commercial Service IBP delegation you can receive access to exclusive benefits including registration assistance at waivered or reduced trade show admission fees.
Rely on our extensive U.S. network of 1,800 trade professionals to work for your business by letting us introduce you to the U.S. companies that best meet your needs.
The “SelectUSA” program highlights the extraordinary investment opportunities in the United States, and it encourages international businesses to locate, invest, and grow in the United States. In particular, the U.S. has unparalleled educational institutions, labor productivity, and intellectual property protection. This last point is important for a country like Trinidad and Tobago. America looks to protect innovation through appropriate Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) enforcement and awareness because it creates jobs and exports, and promotes innovation and safe products. Because of these and other unique qualities, the United States ranks in the top tier of global business climate surveys, including the Venture Capital and Private Equity Index, the FDI Confidence Index, the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business ranking, and the Center for Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship Indicator.
The U.S. Commercial Services’ International Buyer Program
The U.S. Commercial Services’ International Buyer Program (IBP) is a joint U.S. Government – industry effort to bring international buyers to the United States for business-to-business matchmaking with U.S. firms exhibiting at major industry trade shows. As a member of an official U.S. Commercial Service IBP delegation you can receive access to exclusive benefits including registration assistance and waived or reduced admission fees to trade shows.
U.S. Trade Shows
- Attend the Global Security Exchange in Las Vegas from September 23-27, 2018For over six decades, the ASIS Annual Seminar and Exhibits, now re-branded GSX 2018, has been the premier event for security professionals worldwide, providing industry-leading education, countless business connections, and the latest products and services. The website for all information about the event is: GSX.org. For complimentary admission to the exhibit floor, please contact email@example.com
- How to Make the Most of a Buying Trip to a Trade Show in the U.S. : http://2016.export.gov/ibp/eg_main_023158.asp#P32_3049
- Attend POWER-GEN International in Orlando, Fl. from December 4-6, 2018 — POWER-GEN International is the industry leader in providing comprehensive coverage of the trends, technologies and issues facing the generation sector. Displaying a wide variety of products and services, POWER-GEN International represents a horizontal look at the industry with key emphasis on new solutions and innovations for the future. For complimentary admission to the exhibit floor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org