At the U.S. Embassy Port of Spain, our commercial section provides assistance to U.S. exporters by helping U.S. companies export manufactured goods to Trinidad and Tobago.
The Foreign Agriculture Service, an agency within the U.S. Department of Agriculture, publishes reports on export opportunities, conducts promotional activities, works collaboratively with state regional trade groups and other USDA cooperator organizations, and provides assistance to individual U.S. food and beverage exporters targeting the Trinidad and Tobago market.
The Commercial section at Embassy Port of Spain collaborates with U.S. Commercial Service. The U.S. Commercial Service is a division of the U.S. Department of Commerce operating in more than 150 cities worldwide.
The Commercial Section:
- helps U.S. businesses find qualified international partners and to represent U.S. business interests internationally
- promotes the U.S. as a business investment destination
- promotes the U.S. as a travel destination
What can we do for you?
- Locate U.S. products, services, or business partners that meet your needs.
- Identify the best U.S. companies in your area of interest.
- Receive assistance in setting-up a business in the United States.
- Rely on our extensive U.S. network of 1,800 trade professionals to work for your business by letting us introduce you to the U.S. companies that best meet your needs.
The Foreign Agricultural Service in Trinidad and Tobago
- The Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) is an agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which works to improve foreign market access for U.S. products.
- The office at the U.S. Embassy in Port of Spain provides an important link between U.S. exporters seeking information on the Trinidad and Tobago market and Trinidad and Tobago importers looking for suppliers of high quality foods from the United States. U.S. agricultural exports are made up of both consumer ready products as well as inputs. Leading U.S. agricultural exports to the Trinidad and Tobago market food preparations, nuts, frozen and fresh meats, animal feed, fresh fruits like apples and grapes, and dried fruit.