The United States Embassy in Port of Spain is pleased to announce its “Our Shared Culture” Black History Month artistic expression competition which is open to all Trinbagonian nationals between the ages of 12-16.
Every February, Black History Month celebrates the contributions made by persons of African descent and celebrates the defining moments in their history that have shaped society.
In recognition of Black History Month 2021, we invite persons matching the criteria mentioned above to submit an original artistic piece of their choice (poetry, song, painting, drawing, etc.) inspired by the theme “Our Shared History.” highlighting the impact of people of African decent on both the United States and Trinidad and Tobago.
How to Enter
- Entries must be submitted via Instagram, tagging our page @usintt along with the hashtags #USinTT #OurSharedHistory #BlackHistoryMonth. The account from which the entry has been submitted must follow our @usintt Instagram page.
- Submissions will only be accepted through the period February 8th to February 25th, 2021.
- The winners will be selected and announced on Wednesday March 3rd, 2021.
- Entries comprising of audio (spoken word/poetry, song, dance, etc.) must be submitted via video and must not exceed three (3) minutes in length.
- All works must be original and created by the person submitting them for the presentation.
- Still visual pieces (photos, painting, etc.) can be submitted via photo image. However, the original piece must be available for presentation as proof of authenticity.
- The U.S. Embassy reserves the right to use, display, or repurpose any artistic materials submitted through this competition.
First Place- Canon EOS 2000D with an Ultimate Accessory Bundle
Second Place- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite with S pen
Third Place- Go pro HERO7