Location: Stanmore Avenue and St. Clair Boulevard, Port of Spain
Event: Please be advised that a National Walk-Out day has been organized for Trinidad and Tobago (TT) which calls for members of the TT government and private sector to avoid work on Friday, September 7th. In addition, the Peoples’ Empowerment Party has organized a march that will start at 11 a.m. on Stanmore Avenue and end at the Prime Minister’s office located on St. Clair Blvd. It is important to remember that peaceful protests can become violent without warning.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid walking or driving near the area of the march.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- It is recommended that vehicle gas tanks be kept half-full or more.
- Monitor local media for updates.
The U.S. Embassy is located at at 15 Queen’s Park West,
Port of Spain and can be reached at 868 622 6371
State Department – Consular Affairs (888)407-4747 or (202)501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.