The information on this page was updated on March 21, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. T&T time.
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Event: The Ministry of Health has confirmed 49 cases of COVID-19 in Trinidad and Tobago. On March 19, U.S. State Department has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel advising U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. In countries where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. U.S. citizens who live abroad should avoid all international travel.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of U.S. personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19. The Government of Trinidad and Tobago has implemented travel restrictions and border closures in response to COVID-19 and many airlines are reducing or suspending flights departing out of Trinidad and Tobago.
*U.S. citizens are advised that:
- Effective midnight March 22, 2020 Trinidad and Tobago will close its borders until further notice.
* U.S. citizens are advised to check directly with the airlines for updates.
Actions to Take:
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Consider returning to your country of residence immediately using whatever commercial means are available.
- Have a travel plan that does not rely on the U.S. Government for assistance.
- Review and follow the CDC’s guidelines for the prevention of coronavirus.
- Visit state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Port of Spain
15 Queen’s Park West
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Telephone + (868) 622-6371
Emergency + (868) 622-6371, then press 1.
Fax + (868) 822-5955